The term ‘Brenscombe Outdoor Centre’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Brenscombe Outdoor Centre, Studland Road, Corfe Castle, Wareham Dorset BH20 5JG. Our company registration number is 3536955 in Cardiff. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. Payment of a deposit confirms a booking and is taken as an agreement to
2. Deposits are non-refundable
3. Final balances are due at least one week prior to the visit.
4. Cancellation or curtailment due to injury or illness should be covered by your
5. Cancellation will incur the following charges:
a) 3 months prior to the visit – Deposit
b) Between 3 months and 3 weeks – 50 % of the fee
c) Less than 3 weeks – Full fee
6. If we cancel a visit all monies will be refunded or you may choose alternate
7. We reserve the right to terminate a booking without refund if participants
cause a nuisance or act in an unacceptable manner.
8. Personal belongings of course participants are their own responsibility and
should be appropriate to an outdoor course. For example damage to
designer boots being worn for canoeing would not be viewed favourably by an
9. Brenscombe holds Public and Products Liability Insurance up to £5 million.
10. It is your choice whether to take out Personal Insurance covering cancellation,
curtailment, personal accident and personal belongings. (Most Schools,
Colleges and large organisations have a policy in place to cover all
11. Statement of Risk. Brenscombe has published Risk Assessments and
Controls on all activities, which are regularly reviewed and updated. There will
always be some real risk involved in the Adventure Activities that we offer. We
believe that, having put in place our risk controls the level of risk is low and
tolerable within the nature of the activity. This residual risk is inherent in the
activity and could not be fully eliminated without destroying the activity or the
reason for doing it.